What is it?
East Sussex FACT (Families & Carers Team) support families, carers and friends who are being affected by someone else's substance misuse and mental health issues (dual diagnosis). The service is for those in Hastings, Bexhill and Eastbourne.
What kind of support will I get?
After your first contact we will offer you an appointment with one of our team to hear about your situation, the impact on you emotionally, physically, socially and financially. We will then offer you a wide range of appropriate daytime and evening services. These include:
- Advice, support and information on a range of issues.
- Referrals to other services which can help both families, friends, carers and the substance user.
- Support groups for families, friends and carers of substance users.
- Outreach support through home visits.
- Training for families, friends and carers around basic counselling, communication skills, first aid, overdose prevention and basic drug and alcohol awareness training.
- One to one support in a safe environment.
- Structured education groups offering knowledge and awareness, around common issues for families, friends and carers.