BuddyUp Volunteer Supporter
Cranstoun is a forward-thinking social justice charity, delivering a range of services across England, including adult substance use services. Drug related deaths are at their highest on record across the UK and Cranstoun are developing solutions to save and change lives.
In line with Cranstoun’ s new vision, to have zero drug related deaths in our services, we have a new and exciting harm reduction opportunity for our Volunteers to get involved in.
Of the people who die from a drug overdose, around 75% were alone at the time. Our new initiative – the 2nd in the UK – is to engage people over the phone, while they use drugs. We are working in partnership with the Brave Coop, based in Vancouver, Canada, where this approach is proven to reduce harm and save lives.
We are looking for a team of passionate and dedicated Volunteers to support the delivery of our BuddyUp initiative.
We are providing this life saving intervention across the whole of the UK.
- The volunteer role will be home-based, and you will require your own mobile device with access to stable internet.
- The Buddy Up service is available to anyone across the UK.
Description of tasks:
- Help a caller by staying on the line with them as they use their drug of choice without the concern of there being no-one aware should they overdose.
- To agree a safety plan prior to them using the drug
- If the caller becomes unresponsive after use, liaise with the emergency services and provide details of what has been taken and the location of the caller
- In the future this may also include liaising with a trusted friend or family member of the caller as part of their agreed rescue plan
- Have willingness to be on-call as part of a rota
- Be able to commit to the rota offering support over a six hour period
- Notify your support lead when toggling on and off
- Complete a call log for every call answered
- Connect with support leads if you have any difficulty
- Actively support others Volunteers involved who are also part of the rota
- Understanding of anonymity and confidentiality
- To be able to deliver the correct harm reduction advice
- Provide the necessary phone support that prioritises the caller
- To be able to build rapport and trust
- To be able to treat all individuals with respect, compassion, and dignity
Training and Support:
- Full training will be provided, including supporting resources and prompt sheets
- Provide resources, supplemental training and supervision when necessary
- Provide connection between the development team and end users for feedback and requests
- The ability to adapt training programme content and protocols by way of feedback.
For further information please contact Paige Smith, Innovation Programme Lead on email@example.com or 07541629599